In our world of real estate, it is the goal to move into a neighborhood that has good neighbors. Good neighbors factor importantly into the old maxim that what buyers should most look for is “Location, location, and location.”
Likewise, having and being a good neighbor is important when opening and operating a business. When we opened Coming Home Realty in Sept., 2017, and, its sister business, The Hive in Downtown Canon City, in Nov., we chose our physical site with the commitment that we would try to be the best downtown neighbors possible.
Ways we’ve tried to meet that commitment include:
- Sponsoring First Friday art tours every month;
- Participating in Small Business Saturday, the Christmas Parade, Business After Hours events, and the annual Chocolate Walk;
- Offering classes through the Small Business Development Center for other small business owners;
- Opening our conference room to many local non-profit and for-profit businesses;
- Buying closing gifts from downtown merchants;
- Taking clients to downtown restaurants for lunch meetings;
- Storing the Queen’s float while it was under construction for the Blossom Committee and racing beds for the local cancer charity, Orchard of Hope;
- Promoting Hive members’ businesses to encourage more downtown commerce and walk-in traffic;
- Cultivating relationships with our fellow downtown business neighbors.
The only way to revitalize Canon City’s downtown is to influence one person at a time. With a front line seat, we’ve been impressed with how many people participate in major community events such as the Blossom Festival parade and Flashback on Main Street. We also commend our neighbors, in particular Dave and Lynda Lambert of Canon Signature Mortgage, for their generous community outreach during numerous annual events. They are good role models for us of what it looks like to be a positive corporate downtown, civic-minded neighbor.
As a business, Coming Home Realty offers quality services and is in authentic relationship with clients, vendors, fellow businesses, and citizens in general.
We encourage you to stop by 729 Main St. to see our location for yourself and meet us (Carla and Jill) in person.